Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Challenges...challenging?

I was reading Ali's Blog last night and she challenged us to do a layout about someone we're proud of, so I decided to combine that with my scrap survivor challenge this week...since "so proud" happens to be 7 letters! :)

:) Who would have known! The Scrap Survivor challenge for this week was AMAZING! I'm telling you, it kept me awake last night thinking about how to get all of that onto my page without it looking cluttered, or like I just stuck things on there cause I was challenged to!! :)
1-metal embellishment-gold MM bookplate
2-pictures-must be b&w
3-different lines of patterned paper-AL Superstar(background), SR Charlotte, AC Play
4-circles-fabric paint
5-different ribbons-2MM, 2Offray, SEI
6-buttons-DCWV, FavoriteFindings, JesseJames, WM
7-letters in your title-MMvelvet alpha
8-flowers-small MM flower brads
9-lines of journaling-journaled about things I am proud of my hubby for
10-the #10 must be on your layout-in my journaling
I used MM paint, the tiny letter/number stickers are MM.
It was crazy...cause you couldn't overlap things...like...I had circles cut out of patterned papers...but the 3 patterned papers had to be separate from the 4 circles! :) Anyway, it was fun, and I actually do like the way it turned out, and to me, everything looks like it has an actual reason to be on the page! :) Thanks for looking, guys (gals!)! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Charin Adams said...

Cutie page, I like it! :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger tsbjf said...

It is beautiful. I like the contrast of the B&W photos with the pink.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U are too cute girl! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love ur layouts u posted!! U and ur hubby are so presh!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! TTFN

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful layout! amazing that you were able to meet all of those specs! well done :)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really nicely done!!!

Theres space for your eyes to rest as well as the photos are not lost. You have done brilliantly!!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout! You made everything on there coordinate so well with eachother! Love the double photo too :)

Have a good weekend!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger MagenRanae said...

I sure hope you get the computer problems figured out soon...I sure miss hearing from you!!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi joy! i'm a fellow fiskateer, dropping by to check out your blog. beautiful work here. that's awesome you did ali's challenge. love that girl.

blessings,
erin

11:43 PM  
Blogger Elsie Larson said...

I love this layout! Great composition and color!!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is totally beautiful!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home